What is Functional Medicine?
It is a cutting edge way of evaluating and treating patients to create optimum health and wellness, and to treat chronic disease and illness naturally with diet, lifestyle and specialized nutritional supplements. This can include conditions such as:
- Hormone imbalances
- Menopause, hot flashes, PMS
- Fatigue, insomnia
- Pain, inflammation, stress
- Depression, weight gain
- Thyroid disorders
- Fibromyalgia, chronic fatigue
- Digestive problems, acid reflux, irritable bowel syndrome
- Allergies, sinus problems
- Autoimmune diseases
- Diabetes and hypoglycemia
- Heart disease
- This also includes plain just not feeling well or healthy!
What are the Benefits of using Functional Medicine?
- It is all about getting to the cause of your health problems and not covering it up with drugs
- It's also about helping you not waste money, or time, by self diagnosing and taking supplements or treatment that may not be right for your body
- The process is about finding out what your individual body needs by doing the appropriate testing. These tests can tell the nutritional status of your body. By re-testing at a later time you can see results and positive changes in your health
- Functional Medicine not only treats illness or diseases that you currently have, but with the testing you can know where you are headed and can help you prevent disease
What is Natural Women's Healthcare?
- This is Functional Medicine geared exclusively to helping women balance their hormones naturally
- Many women do not want to take prescription hormones as many synthetic hormones are toxic. I have had many women come to me interested in natural solutions to hormones health, as they have had a relative with a hormone dependent cancer, such as breast cancer, and prefer not to take synthetic hormones
- A comprehensive Functional Medicine evaluation will give you a baseline of where you are with your hormones and your health, and offer natural solutions to achieve balance
What is the Evaluation Process?
The Comprehensive Health Analysis includes all of the following:
- Initial history and exam, and recommendations for further testing; Appointment time 1 to 1½ hours
- Review of your comprehensive health history and any medical records/blood tests that you provide
- Review of the results from all new recommended testing
- One follow up visit for going over findings, with recommendations and a written report of those findings; Appointment time 1 to 1 1/2 hours
The first part of the Health Analysis is getting your written paper work turned in with all relevant medical records. After Dr. Foley reviews the history and records she will sit down with you and will recommend further testing to be done, such as blood, saliva, stool or urine testing.
Once the test results have been received you will have your follow up appointment with Dr. Foley. At this time you will be given a written report explaining what the tests show and what Dr. Foley's recommendations are. This will usually include diet and lifestyle changes, supplements, and possibly further testing.
What is the Cost? $250
Please note that any recommended testing, such as blood, saliva or stool testing are an additional cost and not included in the $250 fee. The price lists for all testing are available if you call 303-271-1701, but not posted here as the labs set the prices for the tests.