Peri-menopause, do you know what’s happening?
I remember 25 years ago when I became very interested in women’s health, I was a chiropractor treating patients for back and neck pain, sports injuries and trauma.
I remember my office manager in my practice that was going through hormonal changes and it just wasn’t talked about, and information was still hard to find! She had a hormonal meltdown, and didn’t have anywhere to turn.
I was determined after that to find out as much as I could to help women through this time, which lead to me being certified in functional medicine.
Fast forward to now, and working with women with hormonal issues for 10 years, plus having my own experience with this!
What are your biggest challenges, or questions?
Here’s some that I hear:
- When does peri-menopause happen?
- What exactly happens at this time and how do I know?
- Am I “there” yet?
- How long does it last?
- Do I need to take hormones?
- I can’t sleep and have no energy, what do I do?
- Help, I’m gaining weight and haven’t changed anything!
- Where did my libido go?
- I just want to feel like “me” again…
- What’s happening? my cycle is really out of whack!
These are just a few of the challenges I’ve heard….
Oh, and “I have HOT FLASHES, what can I do?”
First of all, peri-menopause is perfectly NORMAL and there is NOTHING WRONG with you!!!
But, if you have symptoms then you may not feel that way!
Here are some of the common symptoms:
- Hot Flashes
- PMS (yes, you can have both at the same time, not fair!)
- Weight gain
- Belly fat gain
- Low Mood or depression
- Low libido
- and more….
Here’s the thing, there are so many things YOU can do to make these normal hormonal changes as smooth as possible!
- Did you know what you eat can cause hot flashes or tame them? SUGAR is one of those things that can absolutely make you feel worse, and hot, or bloated, or irritable!
- Is STRESS and issue for you? If you are activating your stress hormones (cortisol) daily or weekly this can cause hot flashes, weight gain, low energy, sleep problems, and low mood.
- How are you sleeping? This ONE THING is key to restoring your body and mind every night to feel GOOD the next day. But what if you just can’t get the sleep you need?
- What are you doing for YOU every day, with self-care and making you a priority? This is essential for you NOW!
These are KEY elements to feeling healthy and happy at this time. So first of all just become AWARE of where you are and what’s going on with your nutrition, energy, sleep, mood, weight and stress.
If you need some support, I have your back, and I can help you STOP guessing and doing it yourself.
Here are some FREE resources for you:
Check out my free Masterclass “Navigating Peri-menopause” here
That’s what I’m here for, so let’s chat in a FREE CALL!
Please check out my Free Guide for you: “5 Steps for Women to Have More Energy”