|How’s your Mood?
Do you ever think about your mood? Are you ever irritable, short with others (because they are getting on your last nerve!), or maybe your family tiptoes around you sometimes?
Or you just feel crabby or low, and don’t know why?
You may not even realize that you are having “low” moods, not enough to call depression, so you may not acknowledge it, right?
Or do you think it’s just “that time” of the month?
Is this a challenge for you? The lack of motivation, which can also go along with being tired or fatigued, and can lead back to not getting good sleep.
Motivation is important to make healthy changes, and make those changes sustainable. How many times have you tried to start a new healthy habit and you couldn’t keep it up?
And when you can’t keep up those healthy habits, do you blame yourself, do you just think you have no willpower?
Here’s what you need to know, there are two things that can affect your mood and motivation, and it MAY NOT BE YOUR FAULT!
#1 Your mood, motivation and your hormones:
- Hormones involved: adrenals and cortisol
- These are your stress hormones, and if they are depleted you won’t be able to handle stress
- And this can mean you can lack motivation to make healthy choices, because you may not be sleeping or have low energy or are stressing eating to cope
- When this happens you get stuck in the “cycle of stress” and you have to take ACTION to get out of it (and you have to know what action to take)
#2 Your mood, motivation and your gut health
- Serotonin is one of your brain chemicals, and you need good levels in your brain to feel happy, in a good stable mood, have mental focus and clarity, and motivation
- Guess where Serotonin comes from? YOUR GUT
- Having a healthy gut microbiome is KEY here to feeling good mentally!
- What affects your gut health? Taking antibiotics, eating junk food, sugar, processed and packaged foods with chemicals, STRESS, food allergies, gluten sensitivity, to name a few things
Here are some TIPS if your mood and motivation are low:
- Be aware of your STRESS, and what your energy, sleep and mood are really like. TAKE THE TIME to evaluate this. Because stress is a LIFESTYLE issue.
- What is your GUT HEALTH like? Do you have digestive issues like acid reflux, heartburn, constipation, diarrhea, food intolerances? This all comes from what you eat everyday, but you could also have Leaky Gut or other issues like food allergies. This can deplete your Serotonin.
- You may need to add in some GOOD QUALITY prebiotics, probiotics, and phytobiotics. It depends on your situation, but you need to get the Serotonin from your gut to your brain to increase the mental focus, clarity, mood and motivation. I have your back here, I work with an award winning line of products for gut health and mental wellness talk with me here.
- You may need HORMONE TESTING. This helps you STOP GUESSING and doing it yourself, and is where you get tested for the adrenal and cortisol hormones, plus any other hormones that may be a play here. This is critical and essential to your health, if you want to feel great and have quality of life. If your hormones are out of balance it can not only affect your health, but your relationships, money, business or job too!
If you find your mood is low, you lack motivation, you are stressed out, and feeling some health issues like being tired, irritable, not sleeping, gaining weight, and digestive issues then be aware of what’s going on in your life.
What’s the root cause? Is it your nutrition, gut health, lifestyle, or are your hormones out of balance? Or ALL of this?
Here’s the thing, it’s important to know when you can’t do it all by yourself.
That’s what I’m here for, so let’s chat in a FREE CALL!
And, I also have a free guide for you Click Here to access “5 Steps for Women to have More Energy”